2020-2021 Class Fees/Expenses
Note: The prices below apply to classes which I teach from my home. Classes which are conducted at an offsite PSP or Charter location may have different prices and terms.
- Class tuition, full year, 2-semesters: $550.
- Certified Advanced Placement (AP) courses, full year, 2-semesters: $900
- There is also a small, one-time lab-supplies fee, depending on the class
- No additional registration fee.
- Assigned textbooks are typically under $20-30.
- To register and reserve a seat, contact me at email@example.com and I will confirm your registration by email.
- Tuition payable by cash, check, or PayPal.
- Payment isn't due until classes start
- No refunds after the 3rd class session
- COVID-19: We will obviously need to abide by state law when classes start up in September. I intend to host lectures using a live webinar format, and to offer parents the option of either 100% online labs -OR- "full strength", in-person lab sessions with appropriate protections.
- Access to a computer with Internet connection. It is your responsibility to adjust the settings on your computer to access Canvas, to allow various applications to run, and to be able to download/upload homework.
- Word processing & presentation software (Word & PowerPoint for example). Many students use Google Docs or Office Online.
- Scientific calculator in the $10-20 range. A Texas Instruments TI-30Xa is an 'ideal' calculator for these classes. I do not recommend buying an expensive graphing calculator, as they are difficult to use - and you won't need to do any calculator-graphing. Besides, there are perfectly good FREE graphing solutions online (such as www.desmos.com).
- Certain projects and assignments will need Java and/or Flash. These are free downloads. You will need to adjust the settings on your computer to allow these applications to run. They aren't needed on "Day 1", but at some point they will be required in most of the classes.
- Refer to your class outline for the textbook requirements. All the assigned books can be purchased 'used'.
- You don't need to buy lab manuals. I will provide lab protocols when needed.
- Standard note-taking materials: spiral notebook, pen/pencil, highlighter.
- Calculator (see note above)
- For the in-person lab sessions, you will need safety glasses which cover the entire eyes.
- I will provide lab coats and non-latex gloves when needed.
- We will figure out the 'mask' requirements when September arrives.