2019-2020 Class Fees/Expenses
Note: The prices below apply to classes which I teach from my home. Classes which are conducted at an offsite PSP or Charter location may have different prices and terms.
- Class tuition, full year, 2-semesters: $450.
- Lab-supplies fee, one-time: $25-35, depending on the class
- No registration fee.
- To register and reserve a seat, contact me at email@example.com and I will confirm your registration by email.
- Tuition payable by cash, check, or PayPal.
- Payment due at the first class. No refunds after the 3rd lab/class session.
- Access to a computer with Internet connection. It is your responsibility to adjust the settings on your computer to allow various applications to run, and to be able to download/upload homework.
- Word processing & presentation software (Word & PowerPoint for example). Many students use Google Docs or Office Online.
- Scientific calculator in the $10-20 range. A Texas Instruments TI-30Xa is an 'ideal' calculator for these classes. I do not recommend buying an expensive graphing calculator, as they are difficult to use - and you won't need to do any calculator-graphing. Anyway, there are perfectly good FREE graphing solutions online (such as www.desmos.com).
- Certain projects and assignments will need Java and/or Flash. These are free downloads. You will need to adjust the settings on your computer to allow these applications to run. They aren't needed on "Day 1", but at some point they will be required in most of the classes.
- Refer to your class outline for the textbook requirements. Most classes have more than one textbook option. Bring your textbook to class every time!
- You don't need to buy lab manuals. I will provide lab protocols when needed.
- Standard note-taking materials: spiral notebook, pen/pencil, highlighter.
- Calculator (see above)
- For the lab classes, you will need safety glasses which cover the entire eyes.
- I will provide lab coats and non-latex gloves when needed.