2022-2023 Class Fees
The prices below apply to classes which I teach from my home. Classes which are conducted at an offsite PSP or Charter location may have different prices and terms.
- My class registration process is simple, and is done via email. To register and reserve a seat, simply contact me at email@example.com. I will confirm your registration by email. I don't require a deposit.
- 2022-2023 class tuition, full year, 2-semesters: $700.
- AP®-certified courses, full year, 2-semesters: $1,050
- There is also a small, one-time lab-supplies fee, depending on the class. The in-person lab-fee is: Biology $50, Chemistry $25, Physics $25. The virtual lab option does not have a lab supplies fee.
- No additional registration fee.
- Assigned textbooks are typically under $20-30.
- Tuition payable by cash (not in the mail!), or check (use "Kris Johanson"), or PayPal (ask me for the correct email address to use)
- Payment isn't due until classes start
- No refunds after the 3rd class session
- Access to a computer with Internet connection. It is your responsibility to adjust the settings on your computer to access Canvas, to allow various applications to run, and to be able to download/upload homework. Do not rely on a smart-phone to take your class: it won't work, and you will run into all sorts of compatibility problems, and you will fall behind.
- Word processing & presentation software (Word & PowerPoint for example). Many students use Google Docs or Office Online.
- Scientific calculator in the $10-20 range. A Texas Instruments TI-30Xa is an 'ideal' calculator for these classes. I don't recommend buying an expensive graphing calculator. When we need to do graphing, we use Desmos www.desmos.com.
- Certain projects and assignments will need free downloads and/or apps of various kinds. You will need to adjust the settings on your computer to allow these applications to run. They aren't needed on "Day 1", but at some point they will be required in most of the classes.
- Refer to your class outline for the textbook requirements. All the assigned books can be purchased 'used'.
- You don't need to buy lab manuals. I will provide lab protocols when needed.
- Standard note-taking materials: spiral notebook, pen/pencil, highlighter.
- Calculator (TI-30Xa recommended)
- For the in-person lab sessions, you will need safety glasses which cover the entire eyes.
- I will provide lab coats and non-latex gloves when needed.